Provincial Nominee Program

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Share on Facebook102Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Email this to someone

Most provinces and territories in Canada can nominate immigrants who wish to settle in their jurisdiction through a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).

To become a nominee, immigrants must show they meet criteria determined by the province or territory. These will show that the applicant has the skills, education, and work experience to be able to make a positive contribution to the local economy and society.

The province will consider your application based on the immigration needs of the specific province and your genuine intention to settle there.

Each province or territory has multiple immigration programs known as “streams”.

To apply for a Provincial Nominee Program, candidates must:

1. Complete a Provincial Nominee Program application in their chosen province or territory.

2. Receive a nomination.

3. Apply to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to become a permanent resident.

Express Entry

Many provinces and territories have streams that are connected with the federal Express Entry selection system, through which “enhanced” nominations are available that award nominees 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.

The CRS is a score out of 1,200 assigned to Express Entry candidates, which decides who should get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residency. In almost every round of Express Entry draws, these 600 bonus points would guarantee that the applicant would receive an Invitation to Apply.

Candidates applying for a Provincial Nominee Program under a Express Entry stream will also need to complete a Express Entry profile and meet Express Entry criteria.

Find out more

To find out more about the Provincial Nominee Programs on offer, see the official websites for each province and terrritory below.

Note that Quebec operates its own Skilled Worker Program and does not have a Provincial Nominee Program.

You can discuss Provincial Nominee Programs with other members of the Moving2Canada community in our Canadian PR forum on Facebook.

Details for each Provincial Nominee Program in Canada


Share on Facebook102Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Email this to someone