Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Moving2Canada may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. By clicking the consent button on our registration forms, the User agrees to receive Moving2Canada’s free Getting Started Guide, plus our newsletters, containing news, updates, and promotions regarding Moving2Canada’s advice articles, job updates, and products. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. If at any time the User would like to withdraw consent, users may do so at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button in our emails. To contact Moving2Canada Consulting Inc, please refer to our contact details at the bottom of this page.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
As a general rule, we do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. The exception to this is where those who complete our Registration form choose to receive content from the Bank of Nova Scotia or CurrencyFair. Subscribers who check the respective box will have their data sent to the Bank of Nova Scotia or CurrencyFair and may receive email communications from them. Subscribers who choose to have their data sent to the Bank of Nova Scotia or CurrencyFair can opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ in emails they receive from the Bank of Nova Scotia or CurrencyFair.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Moving2Canada is fully compliant with GDPR in how we gather, store and process community data. Our Community’s trust is central to our success. We therefore aim to provide members with simple, convenient ways to interact with our services and retain control over the information they choose to share with us.
Measures we have taken:
- Data Privacy Manager appointed to ensure GDPR compliance and prospective user experience and privacy concerns in the future.
- All data storage and processing service providers are compliant and provide the necessary security for stored data.
- Data usage audited to ensure we do not process any user data in a way that violates GDPR.
- Opt-in mechanisms audited and only interact with users who explicitly opt-in to receive communications and/ or services.
- We have appropriate documentation in place, which details what data is passed on to whom.
- Ensure users have easy access and control of their data.
Ensuring the responsible handling of member data has always been part of the ‘social contract’ we have with the Moving2Canada Community.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
- 1111 Beach Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6E 1T9
- Use the contact form here to send us an email
- Visit https://moving2canada.com
This document was last updated on June 14, 2018.