International graduates with a Master’s degree obtained in Ontario, Canada may immigrate to Ontario permanently through the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) International Masters Graduate Stream.
Applicants applying to the OINP International Masters Graduate Stream can apply without a job offer. Applications made under this stream are processed outside the federal Express Entry immigration system.
Ontario International Masters Graduate Stream Criteria
To be eligible to apply for the International Masters Graduate Stream, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Education: Graduated or have met all degree requirements from a Master’s degree program at an eligible publicly-funded university in Ontario and have completed at least one academic year on a full-time basis.
- Language ability: A minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or above) in English or French.
- Residency in Ontario: Demonstrate residence in Ontario for at least 12 of the last 24 months before the application submission date.
- Intent: Intention to reside and work in Ontario.
- Residency at time of application: Must be residing in Ontario with legal status (i.e., study permit, work permit, visitor record) OR residing outside Canada. Individuals who currently live in Canada, but outside Ontario, are not eligible to apply.
- Eligibility period: Must apply within two years of the date on which the Master’s degree was granted (the date that appears on the diploma).
- Settlement Funds: A minimum level of savings or income.
Click here to find out settlement funds requirement for your family size.
|Number of family members||Required funds (in CAD)|
|1 (single applicant)||$12,475|
|For each additional family member, add||$3,361|
Some other things to note:
- There is an OINP application fee of $1,500.
- Applications are submitted online through the OINP e-Filing Portal.
- Depending on processing capacity, Ontario may temporarily close the International Masters Graduate Stream for new applications.
Get help with your application
Do you need assistance in preparing an application for Canadian permanent residence? If so, view our Book an Immigration Consultant page to see Moving2Canada’s list of recommended, accredited representatives who can assist you in your goals.