The Nova Scotia Occupations In Demand stream targets hopeful newcomers with experience working as nurses aides (NOC 3413) and transport truck drivers (NOC 7511) with job offers to work in Nova Scotia. The stream allows these workers to apply directly for permanent resident status.
The Nova Scotia Occupations in Demand stream is part of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP), one of Canada’s Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs). Through the PNPs, provinces can nominate individuals for immigration to Canada based on criteria set by the province. Nominees and their accompanying family members can then settle permanently in the destination province. The Moving2Canada PNP Live Tracker allows you to track and filter more than 70 PNP streams.
The Nova Scotia Occupations in Demand stream targets specific workers in intermediate-skilled (National Occupational Classification [NOC] C) occupations that are in high labour market demand in Nova Scotia. Presently, the stream targets two occupations, although this could be expanded in the future.
Nova Scotia Occupations in Demand stream: eligibility
To apply you must:
- have a full-time permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer in either NOC 3413 (Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates) or NOC 7511 (Transport truck drivers);
- have 1 year of work experience related to the job;
- be 21 to 55 years old;
- have a high school diploma;
- have the appropriate training, skills and/or accreditation for the job;
- prove language ability equal to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4, even if your first language is English or French; and
- show enough financial resources to successfully settle in Nova Scotia.
The Nova Scotia Occupations in Demand stream is not aligned with the Express Entry immigration system, meaning nominated applicants will not receive 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
Indeed, because the Nova Scotia Occupations in Demand stream targets workers with experience in specific NOC C occupations only, and Express Entry is for candidates with experience in NOC 0, A or B occupations only, the Nova Scotia Occupations in Demand stream offers a Canadian immigration route for those who may not be eligible to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry.
Nova Scotia Occupations in Demand stream: How to Apply
This program remains open. Candidates who are qualified can complete and submit an application at any time using Nova Scotia’s online portal. Complete the online application form and include all required information and attachments.