The Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities for Physicians is a distinct stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program. The stream targets foreign physicians who have an Express Entry profile and an approved offer from one of Nova Scotia’s health institutions.
General practitioners and family physicians (NOC 3112) and Specialist physicians (NOC 3111) will receive a Letter of Interest once the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration is notified of the candidate’s Express Entry profile number and a signed approved opportunity with either the Nova Scotia Health Authority or the IWK Health Centre.
Launched in September, 2019, this PNP stream appears to fill a gap between the existing Physician stream and Labour Market Priorities stream of the Nova Scotia PNP. While both of those streams will remain active, the new Labour Market Priorities for Physicians will allow faster processing of physicians’ immigration applications because they are selected through the faster Express Entry system.
In order to be eligible for the Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities for Physicians, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- have an approved opportunity from the NSHA or IWK as either a general practitioner and family physician (NOC 3112) or a specialist physician (NOC 3111);
- provide a copy of a signed Return for Service Agreement with the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness indicating commitment to live and work in Nova Scotia for a minimum period of two years;
- receive a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program within the Express Entry system;
- submit your application within 30 calendar days of the date on which your Letter of Interest was issued;
- meet the minimum work experience requirements of the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified;
- demonstrate sufficient funds to support yourself and your family in the move to Nova Scotia;
- have legal status in your current country of residence.
If you meet those conditions you may then submit an application to Nova Scotia. This application can be completed online through the official page for the Labour Market Priorities for Physicians stream.