Get immigration help you can trust.
Find the best immigration programs for you
Health care professionals are in huge demand across the province of British Columbia. Accordingly, the BC government has established a portion of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) that is dedicated to helping these professionals immigrate to the province.
The BC Express Entry Health Authority Category is open to any Express Entry candidate who has a full-time job offer in any skilled occupation from a public health authority in BC. Additionally, workers with job offers in BC in the following occupations are eligible to apply even if the job offer is not from a public health authority: physicians, nurse practitioners, and midwives.
Successful applicants to the BC Express Entry Health Authority Category obtain a BC PNP provincial nomination certificate. When this is uploaded to the Express Entry profile, 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points are awarded, followed by an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
EE Health Authority criteria
To qualify for this category, candidates must:
1. be eligible for one of the federal economic immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class, or Canadian Experience Class) and create an Express Entry profile;
2. have the support of, or a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a public health authority in BC in any occupation, at National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3. British Columbia has the following health authorities:
- Provincial Health Services Authority
- First Nations Health Authority
- Fraser Health
- Interior Health
- Island Health
- Northern Health
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Providence Health Care
Alternatively, those with BC job offers in the occupations listed below may apply even if the job offer is not from a public health authority:
- nurse practitioner,
- midwife (must have a letter of confirmation from an established practice group in BC confirming acceptance into the group as an affiliated midwife for a period of at least six months. Must also be registered, or eligible to be registered, with the College of Midwives of British Columbia);
3. qualify to work in your occupation in BC;
4. have a wage offer in line with BC wage rates for the occupation;
6. show they can support themselves and their dependents;
7. have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada; and
8. meet minimum language requirements according to the federal immigration program requirements.
Get immigration help you can trust
The employer must:
- be established as an employer in good standing in BC;
- provide full-time, indeterminate (permanent or with no set end date) employment;
- have a history of good workplace and business practices;
- sign an employer declaration;
- meet domestic labour market recruitment requirements, where applicable; and
- offer a wage in line with industry standards.
Applicants to the BC EE Health Authority category do not need to be invited to apply before submitting an application. Health Authority category applicants can submit an Express Entry BC application directly online.
Do you need assistance in preparing an application for Canadian permanent residence? If so, view our Book an Immigration Consultant page to see Moving2Canada’s list of recommended, accredited representatives who can assist you in your goals.