British Columbia needs more health care professionals. Consequently, a portion of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is dedicated to attracting physicians, specialists, nurses, and allied health professionals who are also eligible to immigrate to Canada through the Express Entry selection system.
Successful applicants to the BC Express Entry Healthcare Professionals category obtain a BC PNP provincial nomination certificate. When this is uploaded to the Express Entry profile, 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points are awarded, followed by an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
EE Healthcare professional criteria
To qualify for this category, candidates must:
2. have the support of, or a full-time, indeterminate job offer (a permanent job, or one with no set end date) from a public health authority as a:
- registered nurse,
- registered psychiatric nurse,
- nurse practitioner,
- allied health professional such as a:
diagnostic medical sonographer,
medical laboratory technologist,
medical radiation technologist,
occupational therapist, or
- midwife (must have a letter of confirmation from an established practice group in BC confirming acceptance into the group as an affiliated midwife for a period of at least six months. Must also be registered, or eligible to be registered, with the College of Midwives of British Columbia);
3. qualify to work in your occupation in BC;
4. have a wage offer in line with BC wage rates for the occupation;
5. have at least two years of directly related work experience;
6. show they can support themselves and their dependents;
7. have, or be eligible for, legal immigration status in Canada; and
8. meet minimum language requirements according to the federal immigration program requirements.