Applicants to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) can now submit a reconsideration request for their application decision to be reviewed under certain conditions.
The AINP is one of Canada’s Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs), which allow Canadian provinces and territories to nominate individuals for permanent residence based on criteria set by the province.
AINP Request for Reconsideration
Applicants may submit a request for reconsideration on the decision of their AINP application if the following conditions have been met:
Request for Reconsideration must:
- be submitted within 30 calendar days of the date the decision letter was issued;
- be the only request of reconsideration submitted on the application; and
- be submitted by the applicant named on the decision letter.
Grounds for Request for Reconsideration must:
- be directly related to the reason(s) stated in the decision letter; and
- demonstrate that an error was made in applying program criteria to the application.
A Request for Reconsideration cannot be used:
- to ask for an exemption or exception to program criteria;
- as an opportunity to submit new evidence or re-state the evidence submitted in the application;
- if unsatisfied with the final decision or a component of the final decision; or
- to request Humanitarian and Compassionate consideration.
Applicants who wish to submit a Request for Reconsideration to the AINP must complete the Request for Reconsideration form and email it to the AINP.
Once a Request for Reconsideration has been submitted:
- An automated email will be sent acknowledging receipt of the request.
- A response will be issued within 30 calendar days of the date the request was received.
- The Request for Reconsideration form will be reviewed and an email will be sent notifying the applicant if the request meets the conditions required for a review on the decision of the application.
- If the request meets the conditions required, an officer who was not involved in the original decision will conduct a review of the decision on the application.
There is no guarantee that a Request for Reconsideration will result in the application being re-assessed.
Only one request for reconsideration per application will be considered. If a decision on a reconsideration request has been made, subsequent requests will not be considered.
To learn more about the AINP, visit these resources: