If you want to obtain a visa for Canada, it’s important to know first what you want to do in Canada. Do you want to work, study, visit, or reside permanently?
There are a few Canada visa varieties, which can be broadly segmented into a handful of categories.
- Visitor visas – For people who want to visit Canada on a temporary basis, and who do not intend to work in Canada or take up normal residence in Canada.
- Study permits – For people who wish to enroll in a study program in Canada for longer than six months.
- Work permits – For people who want to work in Canada for a period.
- Permanent residence – For people who want to move to Canada permanently and bring family members with them, if applicable.
- Canadian citizenship – For permanent residents who want to become citizens of Canada.
The table below will help guide you towards the right visa for Canada for your situation. (If viewing the table on a mobile device, we encourage you to tilt your screen so that you are viewing horizontally.)