If you have a job offer in the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island (PEI), you may be able to immigrate to Canada through the PEI PNP Skilled Worker Outside Canada stream, part of the Labour Impact category.
As the name of the stream suggests, immigration to Canada through the PEI PNP Skilled Worker Outside Canada stream is possible even if you are currently outside Canada and have never previously worked in Canada.
PEI PNP Skilled Worker Outside Canada stream criteria
To be eligible to apply for the PEI Skilled Worker stream you must:
- have a full-time long-term (i.e. permanent or minimum of two years) job offer from a PEI employer in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill level 0, A, or B). Important note: Through this stream your employer must first make contact with PEI PNP officials and the job offer must be approved by our office prior to submitting an expression of interest profile;
- have legal status in your country of residence;
- be able to attend an interview with staff from the PEI PNP Office, if required;
- have successfully completed a post-secondary degree or diploma (minimum two year program);
- be between the ages of 18 and 59;
- have at least two years of full-time work experience in the past five years;
- possess sufficient English and/or French language ability to perform the job offered. Language ability can be verified by one of the following: A language test from an IRCC approved testing institute within the past two years with a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4; OR employer signed PEI PNP-L06 Employer Language Declaration; OR documents from an internationally recognized institution indicating that the principal language studied was in English or French;
- have sufficient financial resources for you and your family, if applicable, to pay all immigration costs (including travel expenses) to be able to establish in PEI; and
- demonstrate a genuine intention to settle in PEI.
The employer is responsible for ensuring that:
- employment is full-time with a contract for a permanent position or a minimum length of two years;
- employment in the intended occupation is consistent with the applicant’s ability to perform the job based on the applicant’s education, training and/or experience;
- employment terms and conditions meet all applicable provincial and federal employment workplace standards and the comparable industry wage rate;
- employment of the applicant does not contravene existing bargaining unit agreements or employment disputes;
- the employment is in PEI;
- employment that requires provincial licensing or accreditation has been verified to ensure the applicant has the necessary credentials to be eligible to work in the occupation in PEI;
- an employment contract is provided, which includes the terms and conditions of the full-time job offer, signatures of the authorized signing officer of the company, and the employee (applicant) accepting the offer and conditions of employment.
- settlement support is provided to the applicant and the family to help them establish;
- a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is provided, if applicable;
- attendance at an interview with staff from the PEI PNP Office, if required; and
- documentation is provided to demonstrate effort to recruit for the intended profession has been unsuccessful within Canada and the position is critical to the operation of the business.