Super Visa

Share on Facebook303Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Email this to someone

The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa for Canada allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents to visit Canada for up to two years at a time.

The Super Visa presents older generations of a family to visit loved ones in Canada for an extended period without work rights. Your spouse or common-law partner may accompany the principal applicant, but other dependents may not.


Super Visa: What do I need to do?

There are a couple of conditions that must be met in order to apply for the Super Visa:

(i) You must have an invitation from from a host in Canada (i.e. your child or grandchild). The host must meet a minimum income threshold, as they are responsible for your financial support while in Canada.

(ii) You must pass a medical examination.

(iii) You must have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year. Applicants must show proof that they have purchased private medical insurance coverage from a Canadian insurance provider. This must be valid for at least 365 days with at least $100,000 in medical expense coverage. See below insurance providers:

BestQuote Travel Insurance
Travel insurance for Canada — True Traveller — Europe
Travel Insure

Learn more about the Super Visa on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Super Visa page.

Disclaimer: The Moving2Canada Team are not registered immigration professionals. We always recommend verifying information provided with an immigration expert. Immigration rules are constantly evolving and we do our best to keep your informed.


Super Visa: Speak with an immigration professional

The process of applying for and attaining the Super Visa can be done directly between the applicant and Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Many people, however, prefer the peace of mind that comes with having a qualified and experienced immigration consultant to guide them through the process.


You can view a list of consultants and book a consultation on our Canada Immigration Advice page.

Moving to Toronto

Share on Facebook303Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Email this to someone