The province of Quebec has launched a new immigration pilot program for orderlies who want to become permanent residents. The pilot program targets orderlies, nurses aides, and patient services associates who are currently employed in Quebec and who have proven abilities in French. The program is accepting applications from March 31, 2021, until October 31, 2021.
The Quebec immigration pilot program for orderlies is one of three new immigration pilot programs Quebec launched target specific occupations. These pilot programs are designed to help Quebec meet crucial demand in its labour force.
The Quebec immigration pilot program for orderlies is accepting 600 applicants in 2021, not including accompanying family members. Successful applicants will be able to apply for Canadian permanent resident status along with their accompanying family members.
Eligibility requirements — Quebec’s immigration pilot for orderlies
This pilot program targets people residing in Quebec who are currently working as orderlies, nurses aides, and patient service associates (National Occupational Classification Code 3413). Applicants must prove intermediate oral knowledge of the French language. In addition, this program will have two streams:
1. Work stream — To be eligible through the work stream, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Education: Hold a diploma related to their field of work in NOC 3413 which is deemed to be equivalent to a Quebec vocational diploma or higher.
- Work experience: Have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in NOC 3413 gained in the 36 months prior to applying. At least 12 months of this work experience must have been gained in Quebec.
2. Studies-work stream — To be eligible through the studies-work stream, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Education: Hold a Quebec vocational diploma related to the field of work in NOC 3413 which has been obtained in the two years prior to applying.
- Work experience: Have at least 12 months of work experience in NOC 3413 gained in Quebec after the completion of the above-mentioned diploma.
Application procedure — Quebec’s immigration pilot for orderlies
In order to apply for the immigration pilot program for orderlies candidates must begin by submitting an application using Quebec’s online immigration platform, Arrima. Full details about what needs to be included with the application and how to apply are outlined on Quebec’s immigration website.
It should be noted that Canadian permanent residence applications submitted through Quebec programs follow a two-stage process. First, applicants must apply to the Quebec government for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ). After receiving a CSQ, applicants may submit a subsequent application at the federal level for their permanent resident status.