If you want to learn about international shipping to Canada in a quick and simple way, you’ve come to the right place.
Most airlines will include one checked bag at no extra cost on long-haul flights. However, if you’re looking to bring extra clothes or belongings, or bulky items like skis, a bicycle, or musical instruments, you should research your options for international shipping to Canada.
- Before you choose a moving company, we highly recommend that you visit the Sirelo website, which includes information and reviews of more than 1,000 moving companies. Sirelo also offers a dynamic tool through which you can get a free, no obligation quote for a range of moving companies that can ship your belongings to Canada. To get up to five free quotes, visit Sirelo.
Moving2Canada has also teamed up with Send My Bag to offer our readers an exclusive 5% discount. This will allow you to arrange international shipping to Canada or elsewhere at the cheapest rate. They can even pick up your belongings from your home.
Other advice on international shipping to Canada
There are other providers, if you’re interested. Victoria Janssens has offered her experiences in international shipping to Canada, from Vancouver back to Europe. She writes:
“It is difficult to find a company that ships to the west coast. You can send boxes by air quite easily, but that is a lot more expensive. We did quite a bit of shopping around and the best quote we got was from Excess Baggage Company, based in London.
“We sent three boxes (13 ft^3 total) door-to-door from Dublin to Vancouver, which cost about £350 GBP and arrived three months later. When calling for quotes you need to specifically request the rate for international shipping to Canada and that you are prepared to wait three months for your stuff, as this seems to be the standard travel time. All of the companies are quick to quote the air freight rate unless you request shipping.
“Finally, most airlines allow you to purchase extra checked baggage, which can work out cheaper if you don’t have too much stuff. I know British Airways charge €50 for the first extra bag and the cost increases for the second, third, etc.
“Only for the fact we needed to bring some heavy books this would probably have been more economical than shipping boxes.”
Be prepared for your move
- Get up to five free quotes through Sirelo.
- Claim your exclusive Send My Bag 5% discount for Moving2Canada readers.
- Search for flights to Canada.
- Make sure you don’t forget anything! Read this essential packing for Canada checklist.