Various mid-sized firms
Several positions available in Toronto, Vancouver and surrounding areas
One of our recruitment partners has fantastic opportunities for Senior / Intermediate Accountants, in permanent positions in the Toronto and Vancouver area.
If you’re looking to build on your experience and develop your career in a high-paying role in Canada, we want to hear from you.
Your new role:
- Continuous improvement of workflow procedures to ensure completeness, efficiency, and accuracy of financial and management reporting. Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Provide advice on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Analyze financial data and provide recommendations on efficient resource usage, and company strategy.
- Solve problems relating to financial data as they may arise. Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Maintain reliable cash flow processes and reporting.
- Assist with planning for capital budgets cost management.
- Compile and analyze financial information and prepare financial statements including month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting statements and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Monitor and support taxation requirements. Prepare for audits and arrange coordination with auditors.
- Manage fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate:
- ACA designation.
- Completion of a university degree in a related field.
- Experience in a Accountant role, with one of the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms.
- Experience with consolidation, tax and transfer pricing, and knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications.
- Expert proficiency in Excel
- Strong initiative to seek efficiencies and improve processes where possible.
- An organized team player, with strong time management and customer service skills.
- Excellent command of verbal and written skills, including in presentations.
- Enthusiastic, positive, and thrives under pressure.
$60,000 – $100,000 per year.
What to do next:
If you meet the above requirements, or would be interested in a similar role, please apply below and we will contact you discuss the career opportunities we have for you.
Apply for this job
All applicants must create a profile and attach their most recent resume.