Though Montreal today is a predominately French-speaking city, this was not necessarily always the case. Britain’s influence is unmistakable and of huge value to the city, economically and socially, with the British in Montreal having had a massive influence in how the city functions. In Montreal, Britons will find a well-knit group of fellow first generation expats willing to help them settle into their new surroundings.
We have compiled a short list of useful links and contacts for British people residing in Montreal. Other links relevant to the whole of Canada can be found here. Please get in touch with us if you have any suggestions for making this list more comprehensive and useful for Brits living in Montreal.
British in Montreal — Useful links
- The British in Montreal meetup group.
- The British Consulate in Montreal.
- The British Council’s Montreal office.
- The British-Quebec Business Coalition. The BQBC’s principal aim is to be an important medium for the promotion of two-way trade and investment between Quebec and Great Britain.
- The British-Quebec Business Coalition Facebook page.
- A history page, with information on British immigration to Montreal.
- British restaurants in Montreal.
- The Quebec Cricket Federation.
- Cricket Montreal’s Facebook group.