Arranging an international money transfer can be an expensive process, with banks in both countries adding their own charges and typically offering poor exchange rates.
It’s a good idea, therefore, to look around at the different options available to you before you make the transfer. There are reputable third parties who can make an international money transfer easier and cheaper for you.
CurrencyFair is another cheap and easy way to arrange an international money transfer to Canada from your local bank.
- CurrencyFair is offering the first five transfers for free for Moving2Canada customers so you get to sample their service with zero transaction costs. Hurrah!
- Their homepage has a live Canadian currency exchange calculator where you can find the latest rates.
- CAD transfers into Canada’s major banks (see full list) no longer incur receiving bank charges. To avoid delays, complete transfers before 11:30AM (UK time) to ensure same-day transfers.
- For transferring money to Canada from other locations, there is a flat fee of $4 per transfer.
- For transferring funds from Canada to other locations, there may be a domestic wire fee applied by your bank.
- CurrencyFair is safe and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Have questions, or want to learn more? Read our free guide to sending money abroad with CurrencyFair.