We are Moving2Canada – a business committed to making it easier for our community to move to Canada. We are seeking a multi-talented content producer passionate about their craft and driven to help us create old and new means to connect with our global community. The position is open to candidates across Canada. though candidates based in Montreal will be prioritized.
Your key responsibilities to our community:
- Production of exciting, relevant content to attract the attention of would-be immigrants to Canada and new arrivals. This content will be mainly focused on, but not necessarily limited to, the written word.
- Identifying appropriate sources and knowing when, and how, to develop those relationships.
- Proofreading and editing posts before publication.
- Submitting work to team members for input and approval.
- Identifying needs and gaps in our content and recommending new topics.
- Ensuring the visual brand of Moving2Canada remains consistent and attractive.
- Exploring new ways to present information.
You may also be asked to help develop content for our sister site, Moving2Ireland.com.
You are a keen observer of news and the world around you, locally, nationally, and internationally. You write superb copy and can cast a critical eye over your own work. You are innately resourceful with a hands-on approach when it comes to testing new formats and embracing new media platforms and content tools.
You are a self-starter who is focused on outcomes and goals, and you appreciate the flexible way of working that comes with being part of a remote team. You must be able to prioritize high volumes of work, remain calm under pressure, and pivot when requested by your colleagues. You are collaborative by nature, and know the best creative ideas can come from anywhere and anyone.
Above all, you are devoted to your craft and have a willingness to learn more.
- An exciting portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism / communications / English / creative writing / marketing / political science; OR any other study program that involves distilling information from multiple sources and producing written copy.
- A minimum of one year of experience.
- Strong SEO fundamentals, including ability to conduct keyword research and optimize existing content.
- A highly creative mindset, with an eye for detail. You are a strong conceptual thinker who can translate ideas into clear, concise copy. You are able to defend your creative work and provide a strong rationale for your ideas.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Understanding of social media platforms and specifications.
- Team player.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Photo editing skills.
- Experience using WordPress and/or other Content Management Systems.
- Fluency in a language other than English.
- A proven entrepreneurial streak, such as by having pitched ideas to publishers and been commissioned for work, or by having been involved in a start-up project, or by some other initiative you can point to proving a zeal for spotting new opportunities and getting things done.
- You have immigrated to Canada, or, if you are Canadian, you have moved location at least once in your adult life (you have unique insights into the journey!)
The successful candidate will work closely with our Editor, based in Montreal. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Career advancement and salary growth is a strong possibility for the right candidate who shows the right attitude over time.
This is a full-time role in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within his or her own schedule, though he or she must be available for daily internal meetings. On occasion, it may be necessary to work outside typical business hours.
Your profile, our values:
Moving2Canada is proud to be community minded. You are dedicated to understanding and serving our audience with all your passion. You are collaborative by nature and possess a willingness to be open minded and the courage to embrace everything new and different. Just like us, you are open to possibilities. When something does not go to plan, we are tenacious. We iterate and adapt to challenges. You are one of us, because you are focused on outcomes and goals and have the ability to prioritize your work independently. Moving2Canada is a mainly remote team and you appreciate the flexible way of working that comes with this perk.
How to apply:
Upload your resume with a quick note on how you think you can help. Outline your salary expectation and make sure to include a link to any published work you would like to showcase.
Please note that all applicants must be legally allowed to be employed in Canada. Sponsorship for immigration is not possible for this position.
Apply for this job
All applicants must create a profile and attach their most recent resume.