Construction staffing company is seeking experienced Skilled Labourers, Carpenters (Framing / Formwork) and Electricians for commercial and institutional buildings projects in Vancouver.
Find construction work with an immediate start in Vancouver with competitive wages on offer, including vacation pay. All workers will go through skills testing before employment.
Skilled Labourer Responsibilities:
With the direction of the foreman, perform various tasks such as:
* Prepare sites to ensure maximum optimization of construction work procedures.
* Clean debris, trash and hazardous materials from construction sites.
* Operate forklifts to transport materials and equipment from one place to another on a construction site.
* Erect temporary structures and scaffolding.
* Place traffic signs to warn traffic of construction in process.
* Clean and maintain construction equipment appropriately.
* Load and unload equipment from trucks.
* Drive trucks carrying materials and equipment from warehouse to sites.
* Ensure that all work is being done in compliance with the company’s protocols.
* Train apprentices and new hires in construction labor work.
* Use hand tools to cut and shape material as per instructions.
Carpenters (Framing / Formwork) Responsibilities:
* Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using measuring tape, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
* Verify trueness of structures, using plumb bob and level.
* Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, power tools, or power saws.
* Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
* Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand/power tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
* Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
* Install and maintain wiring and lighting systems and equipment, including switches and circuit breakers.
* Connect power to communications equipment, signalling devices and heating and cooling systems.
* Using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, ensure compatibility and safety of system.
* Troubleshoot electrical problems: locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
* Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
* Read and interpret technical diagrams and blueprints.
* You have 2+ years experience as Skilled Labourers, Electrician or Carpenter
* You have, or plan to have, PPE (hard hat, safety vest, steel toe boots).
* You have your Red Seal (preferably).
* You have a valid driver’s license (preferably).
* You are motivated, goal oriented and you have a high level of initiative.
* You are ready to accept work with short notice.
* You are meticulous and detailed oriented.
* You have a positive “can do” attitude and you are a team player.
* You are reliable, diligent and hard working.
* You stay sharp and ask questions when you are in doubt.
• Candidates with valid work permit only
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.
Moving2Canada Recruitment recently rebranded under the name Outpost Recruitment. Please ensure you register your details with Outpost prior to submitting your job application.
We cannot review your resume until we have gathered information on your immigration status, skills, and location preferences.